APPLY NOW for the 2018-2019 School Year!
- We are still accepting K-8th grade applications for the ’18-’19 school year. Please fill out page 1 of the application (also found under “Application & Student Handbook” tab) and bring to the Main Campus office or send to Ms. Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Spring Conferences Sign-Up!
Please sign up for the final conference of the year with your child(ren)’s teacher or advisor. To sign up please click here or enter www.ptcfast.com/reg1 into your browser. You will need to enter the teacher/advisor’s access codes. They are listed below. Student attendance for K-5 is highly encouraged and mandatory for grades 6-8!
- Mr. Jeremy (KG) F3D1127719
- Ms. Breanna (KG) BYG1145684
- Ms. Kalli (1/2 Grades) MDE1127723
- Ms. Kirsten (1/2 Grades) 6E21127722
- Ms. Morgan (1/2 Grades) PAZ1145687
- Ms. Abby (3rd Grade) R361145688
- Ms. Robyn (3rd Grade) Z5D1145689
- Mr. Josh (4th Grade) RWD1200119
- Mr. Dana (4th Grade) WT81200124
- Ms. Kallie (5th Grade) 1T21200128
Middle School families will have an additional chance to meet with other Middle School teachers that are not their child(ren)’s advisors from 1-3pm on Friday, April 27th in the East Campus lunchroom.
- Mr. Brett (6th Grade) VFH1231160
- Ms. Rina (6th Grade) MKX1231162
- Mr. Mike (7th Grade) TAK1200727
- Ms. Caitlin (7th Grade) 3BZ1200784
- Mr. Tim (8th Grade) 7CH1200736
New City Charter School
What is a Charter School?
In Minnesota, charter schools are tuition free, independent public schools that are open and welcome to all students no matter what ability or need. They are governed and operated jointly by licensed teachers, parents, and community members.
What is New City Charter School?
New City School is a tuition free Minneapolis Charter School rooted in academic, social and emotional best practices. Committed to school-wide integration of social, emotional and academic learning, we proudly feature multi-age classrooms with arts infused learning taught by passionate teachers in a truly caring, diverse environment.
The NCS Experience
Tuition Free * 35 Highly Qualified and Caring Staff *Inquiry-Driven Approach * Leadership Opportunities for Every Student * Free/Reduced Lunches (for qualifying students) * Art and Music Enriched* Learning Matched to Your Child’s Needs * Free Busing in Minneapolis * Social and Emotional Learning * and Much More!
Come see New City with your own eyes! Take a tour of our campuses, see morning meetings & the beginning of instruction in action, and have your questions answered. Tours are 10:30am-11:00am on the Wednesdays listed below; they begin at the Main Campus and end at the East Campus. Sign up is required and tours fill up fast so please call to schedule with Ms. Ashley (612-623-3309) and indicate the age(s) of your prospective student(s). We look forward to meeting you!
- April 25th – 10:30am
- May 2nd – 10:30am
- May 9th – 10:30am
Learn more about the NCS School Experience at one of our Open Houses:
- We are currently enrolling in K-8! We welcome you and your child to meet teachers, ask questions, and take a tour. Discover why New City School is a great school for your family!
- We have Open Houses from 5:30-6:30pm at the Main Campus- 229 13th Avenue NE
- You do not need to RSVP for an Open House, just show up and come meet our staff!
- Each Open House starts promptly at 5:30, if you will not make it to the school by 5:45 please plan to attend the next scheduled Open House.
- May 1st (2018) – Final Open House of the year
Please contact Ms. Ashley at 612.623.3309 to learn more information about our open house.
New City School is a place where your child will learn and succeed!
Iskuulka New CIty
Waa maxay Iskuulka Charter ah?
Dugsiyada Charter ah oo Minnesota waxaa waaye waxbarasho bilaash ah, dugsiyada dadweynaha oo ka madax bannaan dugsiyada magaalada oona u furan iyo soo dhawayn ardayda oo dhan iyadoo aan loo eegayn waxa awoodooda ah ama waxa ee u baahan yihiin. Waxaa maamuli iyo ka shaqeeya si wadajir ah macalimiinta shati, waalidiinta iyo xubnaha bulshada.
Waa maxay Iskoolka Charterka oo New City?
Dugsiga New City waa iskool ka mid ah iskoolada charter oo Minneapolis oo isticmaalo habka Responsive Classroom. Waxaa naga go’an oo iskoolka dhan qaabilsan in aan isku darno barashada bulshada iyo kan tacliinta oo kamid yahay fasalada oo ardayda da’da kala duwan, barashada farshaxanka ay barayaan macalimiin dareen xoog leh ee runti daryeel deegaanka kala duwan oo na ku faano.
Lacag la’aan * 30 shaqaalo oo aqoon sare leh oo na daryeel leh * Natiijada intixaanka oo fican (mana loobaro si ay tijaabo fican ukeenaa dared kiliyah) * Fursad oo mas’uulnimo ay ku bartaan ardayda * bilaash/qado jaban ee (loogu talagalay ardayda u qalmidda) * Farshaxan iyo muusik * Wax barashada oo loohu talagalay baahida ilmahaaga * Raacinta baska oo bilaash eh Minneapolis dhaxdee * Tixgelinta Fasalka – iyo wax kaloo badan!
Baro dhaqanka iskoolka NCS maal maha aan qabno guriga furan (open house):
Waxaan leenahay furitaankiisu ee hadda ka jira K-8! Waxaan adiga iyo ilmahaaga soo dhawaynaynaa si ay ula kulmaan macalimiinta, su’aalo weydiiso, iyo u booqdaan iskoolka. Baro sababta dugsiga New City uu u yahay dugsi u fiiican qoyskaaga! Waxaa qabno guriga furan (open house) 5:30-6:30 pm Taarikhda marka ee tahay:
- March 6th
Intaa waxaa dheer maal maha guryaha la furo, waxaan sameeyo iskool booqasho arbaca walbo. Wac Ms. Kim 612.623.3309 si aad iskugu qortid maal maha guri furan ama booqashada arbacada.
Dugsiga New City waa meel ilmahaagu wax ku baran doonaan iyo ku guuleystaan!
Natiijada ardayda ay xaqiijisid!
Create your own user feedback surv! Si tiene alguna pregunta acerca del transporte por favor llame al 612-668-2300 Queries Familias a continuación esta la pagina de internet donde podrá inscribirse para las Conferencias: www.ptcfast.com/reg1 Estos son los codigos para cada maestro:Ms. Blair- kindergarten 9P11127721 Mr. Jeremy- kindergarten 8K01127719 Ms. Marcy- 3er grado WY11127726 Ms. Anne- 1ro y 2do NK71127724 Ms. Jen- 4to y 5to PGL1127727 Ms. Kalli- 1ro y 2do grado EUV1127723 Ms. Kirsten- 1ro y 2do grado J6W1127722 Ms. Melissa- 4to y 5to grado 4681127728 Maestros de Middle School- 6to, 7mo y 8vo R9V1128353