To apply for your child to attend New City Charter School please fill out page 1 of the enrollment packet and return.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 612-623-3319
- Mail to 229 13th ave NE Minneapolis, MN 55413
- Return to office during school hours (10:00am – 4:45pm)
Early Admission Policy: New City does not admit students to our program who do not turn five on or before September 1 of the calendar year that schools starts. (Minn. Stat. 120A.24).
2018-2019 School Year Applications: To meet all deadlines, please submit page 1 of the application by February 17th, 2018. All applications submitted on or before this date will be entered into our lottery on February 20th, 2018. All applications received after this date will be automatically wait-listed. There is no guarantee of acceptance, including applications turned in by the deadline.
- Enrollment Policy
- Families will be notified by the end of March of acceptances or wait-list status.
- Families will continue to be notified of enrollment status through out the end of our school year and through the summer months.
- Page 1 2018-19 Student Application
Once accepted/enrolled at New City Charter School please fill out and return pages 2-8 of the Enrollment Packet below.
- Page 2. Walking Field Trip & Student Health Form
- Page 3. Declaration of Racial Ethnic Background
- Page 4. Home Language Survey – English
- Baaritaanka luuqada – Soomaali
- Encuesta sobre los Idiomas – Español
- Page 5. Administration of Medication in the School
- Page 6. Pupil Immunization Record
- Page 7. Busing Reservation Form
- Page 8. Special Ed/ ELL/ Title 1 Questionnaire
- *Birth Certificate: Please make a copy of your child’s birth certificate (or bring it in and we will make a copy).
- **Early Childhood Screening State Law requires every student to receive early childhood screening before starting Kindergarten. Screening is free and offered by Minneapolis Public Schools (as well as private insurance companies and clinics). See contact info below to make a free appointment with MPS:
Early Childhood Screening Appointments: Call 612.668.3715.
2017-2018 School Supplies List:
Before School Care Program: