APPLY NOW for the 2018-2019 School Year!
- We are still accepting K-8th grade applications for the ’18-’19 school year. Please fill out page 1 of the application (also found under “Application & Student Handbook” tab) and bring to the Main Campus office or send to Ms. Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
New City Charter School
What is a Charter School?
In Minnesota, charter schools are tuition free, independent public schools that are open and welcome to all students no matter what ability or need. They are governed and operated jointly by licensed teachers, parents, and community members.
What is New City Charter School?
New City School is a tuition free Minneapolis Charter School rooted in academic, social and emotional best practices. Committed to school-wide integration of social, emotional and academic learning, we proudly feature multi-age classrooms with arts infused learning taught by passionate teachers in a truly caring, diverse environment.
The NCS Experience
Tuition Free * 35 Highly Qualified and Caring Staff *Inquiry-Driven Approach * Leadership Opportunities for Every Student * Free/Reduced Lunches (for qualifying students) * Art and Music Enriched* Learning Matched to Your Child’s Needs * Free Busing in Minneapolis * Social and Emotional Learning * and Much More!
Come see New City with your own eyes! Take a tour of our campuses, see morning meetings & the beginning of instruction in action, and have your questions answered. Tours are 10:30am-11:00am on the Wednesdays listed below; they begin at the Main Campus and end at the East Campus. Sign up is required and tours fill up fast so please call to schedule with Ms. Ashley (612-623-3309) and indicate the age(s) of your prospective student(s). We look forward to meeting you!
- March 21st – 10:30am
- March 28th – 10:30am
- April 11th – 10:30am
- Aoril 18th – 10:30am
Learn more about the NCS School Experience at one of our Open Houses:
- We are currently enrolling in K-8! We welcome you and your child to meet teachers, ask questions, and take a tour. Discover why New City School is a great school for your family!
- We have Open Houses from 5:30-6:30pm at the Main Campus- 229 13th Avenue NE
- You do not need to RSVP for an Open House, just show up and come meet our staff!
- Each Open House starts promptly at 5:30, if you will not make it to the school by 5:45 please plan to attend the next scheduled Open House.
- April 10th (2018)
- May 1st (2018)
Please contact Ms. Ashley at 612.623.3309 to learn more information about our open house.
New City School is a place where your child will learn and succeed!