NCS building closure through May 1st. Distance Learning begins Monday, April 6th.
Dear New City Families and Friends,
Governor Walz and Education Commissioner Ricker announced on Friday, March 27th that schools would remain closed through May 1st, with Monday, 4th targeted as the return date. We will implement our Distance Learning Plan (see below) after spring break, on Monday, April 6th.
Click here to read/review the New City School Distance Learning Plan, which will go into effect on Monday, April 6th.
April 9th School Board Meeting Details The New City School Board will meet as scheduled on April 9th, 2020 at 5:00pm. The board will meet remotely except for the Director, Todd, who will be at the school building. If you have interest in attending the meeting, Todd will let you in via Door #1 between 4:45-5:00pm.
APPLY NOW for the 2020-2021 School Year! We still have openings in some grades. Please fill out the ADMISSION REQUEST FORM (also found under “Application & Student Handbook” tab) and send to Ms. Ashley (email@example.com). We’re excited to welcome you into our learning community!
New City students do field work at the state capitol: On a tour of the capitol dome (left) and participating in a science project with Rep. Ilhan Omar (right).
New City Charter School
What is a Charter School?
In Minnesota, charter schools are tuition free, independent public schools that are open and welcome to all students no matter what ability or need. They are governed and operated jointly by licensed teachers, parents, and community members.
What is New City Charter School?
New City School is a tuition free Minneapolis Kindergarten-8th Grade Charter School rooted in academic, social and emotional best practices. Committed to school-wide integration of social, emotional and academic learning, with arts infused learning taught by passionate teachers in a truly caring, diverse environment.
The NCS Experience
Tuition Free * 35 Highly Qualified and Caring Staff *Inquiry-Driven Approach * Leadership Opportunities for Every Student * Free/Reduced Lunches (for qualifying students) * Art, Music, and Theater Enriched* Gifted and Talented Programming * Physical Education * Learning Matched to Your Child’s Needs * Free Busing in Minneapolis * Social and Emotional Learning * and Much More!
Come see New City with your own eyes! Take a tour of our campuses, see morning meetings & the beginning of instruction in action, and have your questions answered. Tours are 10:10am-11:00am on the Wednesdays listed below. Sign up is required and tours fill up fast so please call to schedule with Ms. Ashley (612-623-3309) and indicate the age(s) of your prospective student(s). We look forward to meeting you!
- Tours are currently on hold during the COVID-19 closure
Open House Dates
- We are currently enrolling in K-8! We welcome you and your child to meet teachers, ask questions, and take a tour. Discover why New City School is a great school for your family!
- Open Houses are generally held on the first Tuesday of the month from 5:30-6:30pm. During the months of February, March, and April, we hold open houses nearly every Tuesday evening (see schedule below).
- You do not need to RSVP for an Open House, just show up and come meet some of our staff!
- Each Open House starts promptly at 5:30, if you will not make it to the school by 5:45 please plan to attend the next scheduled Open House. Come to Door #1 (blue awning) at 1500 6th Street NE to enter the school.
- See remaining Open House Dates below:
- Open Houses are currently postponed during the COVID-19 Closure
- Please contact Ms. Ashley at 612.623.3309 to learn more information about our open house.
New City School is a place where your child will learn and succeed!